Share Play features on your PS4 allows you to play a game on PS4 with friends or family members who also own a PS4 while Game sharing on the other hand let one person own the PS4 and allows another person on a different PS4 to lend it.
However, to game share with someone, both users need a PlayStation Plus subscription and we advise you to game share with one person at a time to avoid your account being blocked and your game time ending abruptly.
Follow These Steps To Use Share Play On PS4
- Log into your PlayStation account on the console in which you want to share games.
- Select Settings.
- Then choose Account Management.
- Select “Activate as Your Primary PS4” and confirm the choice.
There might be a need for you to deactivate your own Primary PS4 console, worry less, you can reactivate it.
With all that done, player two will see all of player one’s games in their library and they’ll be available for download on the PS4 hard drive.
How To Share Play On PS4
Here is how to use the Share Play feature with a friend or family member.
- On the PS4’s Invite Player screen, Select Party. Select Create Group and then choose Add Players to invite the friend you want to Share Play with.
- Start the game you want to play.
- Press the Share button on your controller
- Choose Share Play on the screen.
- Select the friend that you want to share the game with from your list. Once they accept the invitation, a 60-minute timer starts in which the two of you can share the game.
- After the session expires, you can restart another session immediately and pick up where you stopped.
During the 60-minute session or after the session, you can give your friend control of the game.
- Press the Share button on the controller.
- Choose Go to Party for Share Play.
- Select Give Controller to Visitor.
- You can now select whether you want to Allow Visitors to Play as You or Play a Game Together.
Tip: The host will have to be a PlayStation Plus Member to do this but the visitor doesn’t have to be a member.
To return to basic screen sharing, press the share button on your controller again, choose Go to Party for Share Play, and select Take back Controller. Follow this path to Stop Share Play.